Thursday 5 July 2018

A FEW DAYS (Part 2)


It is now the next day .. my legs were weak again but not like yesterday, thankfully.

Today I do not plan on going as far so I am fitting the Sony G 70-200mm f2.8 to the A99II but attaching the 24-70mm f2.8 via the two Lowepro cases, thank heavens for Lowepro!

Of course I planned a route and a road on the map I did not know was there .. was not there! I passed across the M25 and found a spot where there were some butterflies and dead trees.

I crossed back across the road to find the spot I was after from the other side of the M25 motorway as according to the map there was another road that joined up with the one I could not find and I figured I could find the shorter route back. But no .. the road went nowhere.

Then I heard this peeping noise and three birds flew into a bush .. I got off my bike and waited .. Greenfinches?! Not seen them in years.

Of course I did not get any damned pictures!

Went a different way to a place I used to know a great deal, and where Jade Goody lived but did not see much.

Of course now I had to come back going up that damned hill again but once at the top I went to a spot a little past the road where I am staying. Put the bike against a weak fence and tried to get some more butterflies.

There were Large and Small White Butterflies along with what I think were Gatekeepers and Ringlet Butterflies. There was also the odd Skipper here and there but many proved to difficult to photograph.

I had intended to say longer but could feel my legs burning and as I managed to get three dozen or so photographs I decided to call it a day and head back to think about tomorrow. After a bath!

It also turned out I had 346 photographs from the first day. Still due to numerous .. distractions from health to the intense heat and tiredness they wont all be usable. But still even a third of them being usable would be pretty fantastic. Well to me it would be.

I also got something in the region of about 120 today. This has taken my tally well above 450 photos and if I can get the same or a little more tomorrow than I did today I will be pretty happy.

However .. the thought of post-processing all of these and going through uploading them and then tagging them all .. has my head spinning.

It is difficult so this is probably going to take me two or three days. I wont start until Friday night and likely not be close to finishing until Monday (8th July 2018). But I will upload as I go so there will be some by Friday night, some Saturday night and some Sunday night and if any are left then Monday night.

Groan!

Well .. it could be argued that King Harold will make an appearance over the weekend, as will one other character.

I cannot even recall what I took photographs of?! Just realising there are over 400 photos and trying to think what in the world I saw .. but I am having trouble.

Actually I just checked .. make that 473 images and one day to go .. provided it is not pouring with rain as, as of right now there seem to be some dark clouds brewing and it poured with torrential rain in Paris last night.

Ruins, characters, texture, flowers and a few other things .. rivers, plants the odd bridge .. wild flowers, ornamental flowers. A few insects.

Now after this third day and the three days of post processing? I really must think about visiting a museum and a few buildings in London on my bike with my camera?!

If I can do that .. even a day on my bike with my camera .. my professional camera, I will actually feel like I am getting somewhere. At long last!

Now if I can manage to get to a museum or art gallery too?! That would be cool .. the Tate Modern is the one I would like to get to. Been on the outside of it once already. I was very tempted to go in but I felt I would end up overdoing it.

Would be cool if I could find someone that could accompany me.

Be uber cool if I could find someone who also wanted to do photography themselves and this way we could chat about the subject of photography.

Hmm I just had a thought .. this would leave me with one single thing to do .. but would involve going much further afield ..

A day out doing landscape photography .. or better still a few days. You cannot go a long way on the hope that the one day you are there the light will be perfect, mores the pity.

Scotland, Wales or the Peak District would be the ideal places.

Maybe by the time I have had a day out on my bike something might have worked out with the media thing? Maybe my cancelled trip to Scotland and the Peak District and North Wales might be back on?

Fingers crossed!

I wonder if I should take the Sigma EX 85mm f1.4 tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. The Snow Peak Titanium Spork for sale
    The Snow Peak titanium hair trimmer as seen on tv Titanium Spork for sale titanium bong at 2018 ford fusion energi titanium Auction online. titanium eyeglass frames this ultralight spork, $839.99, titanium bikes $16.99.

    ReplyDelete